Sunday, January 25, 2009

Just smiling quietly

I find myself sitting here with a smile on my face, just browsing around...reading friends' blogs, playing a bit of catch up after spending the day yesterday helping our daughter and her husband move into another house.
I can't help but be ever so grateful for the absolute blessings that come my way each and every day. I have a roof over my head. I have a husband that is unequaled in character, strength, and beauty. I have 3 fabulous children who have each found their someone to spend their lives with. I have plenty to eat, clothes to wear, a vehicle to drive...and those are just some of the material things. I have a peace in knowing that no matter what comes my way, it can be embraced or worked through to an end that will be all right.

I am truly thankful.

3 comments:

HermitJim said...

Good post, My smiling friend! I enjoyed it...

Cat Melton said...

Jim,
I can always count on you.

Thank you for being one of my blessings.

Cat

xox-Missi Mi-xox said...

You have such a softness and warmth about you that I can only admire .... your gentle spirit will always ensure you have what you need around you.

xox-Missi-xox