Thursday, November 19, 2009

SPAM...No, not the canned meat...

We all get it. We all hate it. At least, most of us do. Not a lot of the really stupid, blatant stuff ends up in my gmail inbox anymore, and for that I am thankful. But I had one this morning that slipped through. It had the subject line: Alertpay: Youve Got Payment Received

Well, I was expecting money from alertpay, so I quickly opened it and it was of course, one of those that says 'do you want to receive emails like this everyday, all day long...', you know the ones. While this was annoying, as I looked down to see if it was maybe from someone I knew, I encountered this at the bottom:

-----------------------------------------------
By visiting and/or clicking on any link inside
this email means that you agree - that you are
interested in the business or our products. If
you are not interested, please go below this
email for removal instruction. Thank you!

To remove this email address from further mailings,
please click this link:

http://tinyurl.com/*******

Thank you!


Wow. If I click on a link in the body of this email, I agree? Yes, I know not to click on the links. Especially the one at the bottom that is supposed to remove me from the list. But I'm thinking about all the newbies out there that don't know any better YET... It seems that so many in our society would rather take advantage of people than to be legitimate and actually help those that are new or unsure about the internet.

I can't help but believe that there is plenty out there for all and if you can help someone along the way, that good will come back to you, multiplied.

3 comments:

xox-Missi Mi-xox said...

Hey Cat ... Just wanted to wish you and your family a merry xmas and happy holidays although a tad belated.

Great post ... I too have been caught by stupid spam tricks like that, very annoying and indecent of them.

Hope you have an awesome start to the new year. Hows bubs and your girl going?

Have a great day

xox-Missi-xox

Cat Melton said...

Happy Holidays to you too, Missi, my friend!
Let's just go ahead and MAKE it an awesome year!!!
Been really busy lovin' on that Grandboy of mine...

So glad to hear from you. Stay in touch,

Cat

HeyMickie said...

Thank you so much for your comment on my blog!!